Elena Reyes

I am a 9th grade student. I attend Linda Esperanza Marquez High School.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What is poverty?

What is Poverty?
      Noun. the state or condition of having little or no money goods or means of support; condition of being poor. Synonyms: neediness, destitution, indigence, pauperism, penury. Antomys: riches, wealth, plenty.
Quickwrite:
Answer the following questions using complete sentences and support your answers with examples and details:
  • Where do you see poverty in your community?
In my community I see poverty in the streets.
  • Think about the facts and statistics we discussed. What did you already know?
 From the facts and statistics we discussed, I knew that Latinos are the majority of people that suffer from poverty.
  • What surprised you?
From the facts that we discussed, what surprised me was that  the whites where not the majority that where wealthy, but the "colored" people.

No comments:

Post a Comment